Monday, 6 October 2008

Kid Congo Powers & The Pink Monkey Birds - 9:30 Club - October 6th 2008








Band : Kid Congo Powers & The Pink Monkey Birds
Venue : 9:30 Club
City (country) : Washington, DC (USA)
Date : October 6th 2008
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
Pumpkin Pie
Sex Beat
Hitchhiking
Black Santa
Funky Fly
La Historia De Un Amour
La Llarona
Rare As The Yeti
LSDC
Love Of Ivy
Kris Kringle Ju Ju

Comments : My previous experience with Kid Congo Powers opening for Nick Cave was at the Beacon Theatre in NYC in 2002, and I have to admit that the Kid Congo Powers & Khan set did not fully convince me back then. However, I really enjoyed this new collaboration with The Pink Monkey Birds, reminiscent of Kid's past with Gun Club or The Cramps. The cover of Gun Club's Sex Beat was a bonus to a really great set. I am really happy to see them again tomorrow in Philadelphia.

No comments: