Monday, 5 July 2010

Emir Kusturica & The No Smoking Orchestra - Scène TD - July 5th 2010








Band : Emir Kusturica & The No Smoking Orchestra

Venue : Scène TD (Festival International De Jazz De Montreal)
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : July 5th 2010
Grade : 3/5

Setlist :
n/a

Comments : I am more interested in Emir Kusturica's films (Chat Noir Chat Blanc remains one of my favorite movies of all time), but I still decided to check this one out. It was actualy pretty good, not my usual fair, but a great set up, funky costumes and a fun ambience on stage. Emir Kusturica plays a small role in the band (playing the guitar), but the set did include some tracks from his movies. The intense heat wave did not stop me and the other 100.000 (yes one hundred thousand !) people from checking out this free event.

No comments: