Friday, 1 October 2010

Swans - Le National - October 1st 2010











Band : Swans
Venue : Le National (Pop Montreal)
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : October 1st 2010
Grade : 5/5

Setlist :
No Words/No Thoughts
Your Property
Sex, God, Sex
Jim
I Crawled
My Birth
Beautiful Child
Eden Prison
Little Mouth

Comments : I have never been so happy to be wrong about a show. I must confess I was quite skeptical about the Swans reunion, even after hearing the new album. The 1997 show I saw in Lyon for the Swans Are Dead tour was one of my highlights of the 1990s and I had extremely high expectations for tonight. I managed to see the soundcheck in the afternoon and this easily dissipated most of my doubts. If I have to define tonight's performance in one word it will be "huge". Definitely the show of the year or should I say the show of the decade ? The Swans are not dead indeed...

Extra : video

No comments: