Friday, 28 January 2011

Godspeed You ! Black Emperor - Espace Julien - January 28th 2011











Band : Godspeed You ! Black Emperor
Venue : Espace Julien
Town (country) : Marseille (France)
Date : January 28th 2011
Grade : 5/5

Setlist :
Gorecki (Moya)
Albanian
Monheim
World Police And Friendly Fire
John Hughes (She Dreamt She Was A Bulldozer, She Dreamt She Was Alone In An Empty Field)
Tazer Floyd (Rockets Fall On Rocket Falls)
Dead Metheny
BBF III

Comments : Well, seeing that one of my favourite bands is touring France while I am there (perfect timing, isn't it?), the least I could do is drive to Marseille. It was very nice to see them in a more human-sized venue despite the fact that it was overcrowded and the security extremely unfriendly. Tonight confirmed my previous impressions of the Paris show, and I actually am enjoying this tour more than the 2003 one. Gladly there will be more shows to come in the next months...

No comments: