Sunday, 24 April 2011

Godspeed You ! Black Emperor - Lee's Palace - April 24th 2011











Band : Godspeed You ! Black Emperor
Venue : Lee's Palace
Town (country) : Toronto, ON (Canada)
Date : April 24nd 2011 (2pm)
Grade : 5/5

Setlist :
Gorecki (Moya)
Albanian
Dead Metheny
Chart #3
World Police and Friendly Fire
The Cowboy
Gathering Storm
The Sad Mafioso (East Hastings)

Comments : The pinnacle of the marathon : two shows in one day, although I was not particularly looking forward to the all-ages afternoon show. As someone who grew up in Europe, I did not have to deal with age restrictions at all, so go figure... Anyways, the absence of alcohol saved us from obnoxious, heavily intoxicated audience and I noticed a great general atmosphere within the venue (or at least from where I was standing). Best of all, the band played the other songs I was looking forward to hear again all these years : The Cowboy and Sad Mafioso. A very nice show, probably my favourite so far.

No comments: