Thursday, 22 September 2011

Arcade Fire - Place Des Festivals - September 22nd 2011











Band : Arcade Fire
Venue : Place Des Festivals (Pop Montreal)
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : September 22th 2011
Grade : 2/5

Setlist :
Ready To Start
Keep The Car Running
No Cars Go
Haiti
Empty Room
Speaking In Tongues
Modern Man
Intervention
Rococo
The Suburbs
Month Of May
Rebellion (Lies)
We Used To Wait
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Power Out Outro
Wake Up
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

Comments : I was secretly wishing that it would rain today so I would have a legitimate excuse to miss the show (yes, I know I am evil). Don't get me wrong, an Arcade Fire free outdoor show sounded like a good idea (remember Place Longueuil last year?), but the whole carnival around it (the virtual doors opening at noon, the free yoga class, and 2 opening acts) made it sound way too pretentious this time. Anyways, we made it early enough to secure spots within the front section a few rows from the stage. Then, we practiced our deepest meditation techniques to make it through the opening acts (Karkwa was really painful). The Arcade Fire show was ok, very similar to the ones from last year, but I did not really feel any emotion watching them. I even got a bit bored after 30 minutes or so. The old tracks regained my interest though. I am not entirely sure I will go see them again even if they were playing another free show. Oh well...

No comments: