Sunday, 25 September 2011

Peter Hook & The Light - Club Soda - September 25th 2011












Band : Peter Hook & The Light
Venue : Club Soda (Pop Montreal)
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : September 25th 2011
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
No Love Lost
Leaders Of Men
Glass
Digital
Disorder
Day Of The Lords
Candidate
Insight
New dawn Fades
She's Lost Control
Shadowplay
Wilderness
Interzone
I Remember Nothing
Atmosphere
Warsaw
Failures
Transmission
Love Will Tear Us Apart
Dreams Never End
Ceremony

Comments : This is a show I have been waiting for quite a while. I have had nice feedbacks from a couple of friends who saw this in Europe and Unknown Pleasures is one of my all time favourite albums. I really liked the fact that Peter Hook does not try to be, act or sing like Ian Curtis. It would probably have been one of the top shows of the year if Peter Hook would have played the bass through the whole set (his son was playing the bass lines when Hook was singing). The highlight of my evening was when Hookie, standing right in front of me, started the bass line of Transmission. The Band seemed very happy to play and Peter Hook was overwhelmed by the reaction of the audience. They came back for one more unplanned encore. I hope to see them play Closer soon.

No comments: