Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Tim Hecker - Musée D'art Contemporain - November 9th 2011











Band : Tim Hecker
Venue : Musée D'art Contemporain - Salle Beverly Webster Rolph
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : November 9th 2011
Grade : 2/5

Setlist :
n/a

Comments : I don't really get the concept of playing in complete darkness. I mean, the whole idea is to see the performer playing live, isn't it ? Anyways, for seating, the museum gave us a choice between a stool and a yoga mat. I went for the second option. We entered a darkened room filled with smoke and we found a spot right in front of Tim Hecker. The show (or should I say the music?) was pretty much the same as my previous experiences, but I did not find his set interesting enough to make up for the lack of visual activity. I noticed a faster rhythm in the set. As soon as I would start to let myself drown in a particular sound scape, a different one would appear. Hmmm.

No comments: