Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Dora Bleu - Playhouse - March 6th 2012











Band : Dora Bleu
Venue : Playhouse
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : March 6th 2012
Grade : 3/5

Setlist :
n/a

Comments : There were several potentially dissuasive elements to tonight’s show : Tuesday night, two opening acts and venue (I highly recommend the bathrooms at the Playhouse). Nevertheless, the great line-up of the headline act was enough to make me go. I have great memories of my first Dora Bleu show with Alexandre St-Onge and I was really looking forward to see Sam Shalabi again. As expected, the show started way too late to accommodate a “corporate” day job. It’s is also a shame that on several occasions the music was drowned out by the obnoxious noise coming from the bar and the video poker machines. Happily, there were some really great moments (you definitely can't go wrong with the Shalabi / St-Onge combo) and I really enjoyed a lot the spoken word towards the end of the show.

1 comment:

Sébastian Hell said...

Really? Even the bar was playing music? That's a total lack of respect!