Friday, 16 March 2012

Julie Doiron - Sala Rossa - March 16th 2012











Band : Julie Doiron
Venue : Sala Rossa (Under The Snow)
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : March 16th 2012
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
n/a

Comments : I was extremely excited to hear that Julie Doiron would be performing the album "Loneliest In The Morning" in its entirety tonight, as it is definitely my favourite record of hers. I was much less excited when I arrived at the venue and found out that there will be 2 opening acts. Both sounded pretty unappealing to me, especially the first one. It was almost 11:30pm and I was half asleep when Julie got on stage. Gladly she gave an amazing and very intimate performance. The whole thing looked really spontaneous. She played the songs in the same order as on the record, including some she had not played since releasing the album. She threw in some old and new extra tracks, including an obscure Eric's Trip b-side. A very enjoyable set, too bad it started way too late.

No comments: