Saturday, 31 March 2012

A Place To Bury Strangers - Société Des Arts Technologiques - March 31st 2012











Band : A Place To Bury Strangers
Venue : Société Des Arts Technologiques
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : March 31st 2012
Grade : 3/5

Setlist :
n/a

Comments : Despite the disappointing show last time, I decided to go give APTBS another try as I really enjoy their records. I had no big expectations this time and seeing as they were opening for The Joy Formidable (in whom I have absolutely no interest), I thought it would at least make for an early night. I was wrong. Life is still full of surprises, even when you’ve been going to live concerts for over 20 years. The promoter had the bright idea of adding a second opening band at the last minute. APTBS only got on stage 2 hours after the doors opened. Although tonight's show was far from the fantastic first time I saw them opening for Shellac, I had a pretty good time. They played very little old stuff and there were no new line-up changes. It is also a good thing they play very loud. This covered up the really poor acoustics of the venue. The only question that remains to me is why APTBS never headlined a show in Montreal ?

No comments: