Friday, 20 April 2012

Low - Église St-Jean Baptiste - April 20th 2012













Band : Low
Venue : Église St-Jean Baptiste
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : April 20th 2012
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
(That's How You Sing) Amazing Grace
Dragonfly
Save My Soul
Words
Witches
Especially Me
Laser Beam
Nothing But Heart

Comments : The headlining act Death Cab For Cutie is definitely not my cup of tea. Yet despite the high price of tickets, there was no way I was going to miss Low. We managed to get front row seats, but at the extreme right of the stage. The view of the stage was pretty bad (we could not see Mimi at all), but the chatter from the audience was lessened (although I have to say overall people were respectful) and so was most of the natural reverb of the venue. The band played a very nice 40 minutes set, starting with Amazing Grace (good idea for a show in a church) and including Especially Me, my favourite track off the new album. I was disappointed not to have Murderer though. Obviously, we did not stick around for the main act and got home around 9:30. Now, can we get a regular headline show of Low in Montreal ?

No comments: