Sunday, 17 June 2012

Mogwai - Metropolis - June 17th 2012




















Band : Mogwai
Venue : Metropolis
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : June 17th 2012
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
Yes! I Am A Long Way From Home
I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead
Travel Is Dangerous
White Noise
Stop Coming To My House
I Know You Are But What Am I?
May Nothing But Happiness Come Through Your Door
How To Be A Werewolf
Ex-Cowboy
Mexican Grand Prix
2 Rights Make 1 Wrong
Batcat
Hunted by A Freak
Mogwai Fear Satan

Comments : After last year's disappointing show, I was slightly less excited about tonight. Looking at the rather "low" attendance (about 900 tickets sold in a venue that holds up to 2300 people), it seemed I was not the only one. Gladly, the band proved they can still give really good performances, and tonight was probably the best one I have seen since ATP. The band seemed much more into it than last time. It was also very nice to get a pretty good light show instead of the useless video projections of the last tour. A much more dynamic set-list (despite the obvious faux-pas of playing Mexican Grand Prix) with many more old tracks and a great version of Mogwai Fear Satan to finish the concert.

No comments: