Saturday, 4 August 2012

The Jesus & Mary Chain - Osheaga - August 4th 2012












Band : The Jesus & Mary Chain
Venue : Parc Jean Drapeau (Osheaga)
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : August 4th 2012
Grade : 3/5

Setlist :
n/a

Comments : I have been waiting for over 20 years to see them live (I know, you are all rushing to do the math on my age right now). I was fully aware that The Jesus & Mary Chain were known for not being the tightest band on stage, but tonight their supposed "wall of sound" sounded more like garbled porridge to me. It was not bad per-se, the setlist was pretty interesting and I liked the video projections, but I expected a bit more. Gladly, I did not have to travel for this one. The Canadian actress Jessica Pare joined the band on stage for a couple of songs, which was no big deal for me either. Oh well.

No comments: