Thursday, 20 September 2012

Dirty Three - Ukrainian Federation - September 20th 2012












Band : Dirty Three
Venue : Ukrainian Federation (Pop Montreal)
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : September 20th 2012
Grade : 5/5

Setlist :
n/a

Comments : It has been 9 years since I last saw a "true" Dirty Three concert. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed their show at ATP with Nick Cave and I am so glad I got a chance to see it, but tonight is the kind of Dirty Three show I was really itching to see again. As expected, the songs from the new album were really great live and the old ones were simply amazing. It was also pretty cool to see Jim White at the exact same spot where I first started fixating on his drum playing 3 years ago, when he played drums for Bonnie "Prince" Billy. (That night, my whole perception of Dirty Three's music completely changed: focusing on the drums, not on the violin.) A very great show and a great evening even if 2 opening bands were really not necessary.

No comments: