Thursday, 13 September 2012

Mono - Il Motore - September 13th 2012












Band : Mono
Venue : Il Motore
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : September 13th 2012
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
Legend
Nostalgia
Dream Odyssey
Pure As Snow
Sabbath
Unseen Harbor
Ashes In The Snow
Everlasting Light

Comments : To be honest, I would have probably stayed home if I had not bought my ticket in advance for tonight's show. Being exhausted, I was literally falling asleep when Mono got on stage. It would have been a real shame if I had, as tonight's set was pretty good. Gladly, the checkered-shirted hipster invasion did not make it tonight. I hadn't heard Mono's new release prior to the show and I was not really convinced by a couple of the new songs (Legend and Unseen Harbor). The rest really made up for it though. The version of Ashes In The Snow was both intense and beautiful and I wish they would have ended the show with Ashes instead of Everlasting Light.

No comments: