Friday, 19 October 2012

Cat Power - Metropolis - October 19th 2012












Band : Cat Power
Venue : Metropolis
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : October 19th 2012
Grade : 5/5

Setlist :
Cherokee

Sun
5,6,9
Human Being
King Rides By
Manhattan
Bully
Angelitos
The Greatest
Always On My Own
Silent Machine
Nothing But Time
Peace And Love
I Don't Blame You
Ruin
Ramblin' Woman

Comments : For some reason, I've always managed to miss Cat Power's concerts, and while the 2 previous albums did not really catch my interest, I really like the new one. We got to the venue early enough to secure our front-row dead-center spot. After 2 opening bands (the second one being really awful), the show finally started. Chan Marshall looked really nervous on stage (I actualy don't remember seeing a singer so jittery since Daniel Darc), the pre-recorded loops of backing vocals weren't synched too well, but whatever, the magic was definitely there. As the show progressed, Chan seemed more comfortable and told us she was having a good time. Towards the end she even handed me a bouquet of small flowers. I really enjoyed the setlist and the show; definitely one of my highlights of 2012.

No comments: