Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Théâtre Corona - October 17th 2012












Band : Jon Spencer Blues Eplosion
Venue : Théâtre Corona
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : October 17th 2012
Grade : 3/5

Setlist :
n/a

Comments : Last time I saw the Blues Explosion was back in 2004 at the Metropolis. I missed their set at Osheaga 2010 due to a pretty stupid schedule overlap - I had to choose between them and Sonic Youth. Despite the fact that I haven't been really following their releases during the last 8 years, I was definitely looking forward to see them again. I hadn't been back to the Corona since my Godspeed marathon last year and I was a bit disappointed to see that the balcony was closed. We went for the front row instead. The sound started out really not good but improved slightly a bit later in the show. Despite this and an uninteresting light show, I enjoyed the band's very energetic performance. The second part of the 40 minutes main set was really really good.

No comments: