Friday, 26 October 2012

Swans - La Tulipe - October 26th 2012












Band : Swans
Venue : La Tulipe
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : October 26th 2012
Grade : 5/5

Setlist :

To Be Kind
Avatar
She Loves Us
Southern Song
Coward
The Seer
Nathalie
The Apostate

Comments : When I first listened to The Seer, I must confess the album did not impress me as much as I would have expected, but after a few more spins it rapidly grew on me. I had no apprehension though as I know that the Swans live experience is wholly unrelated to any impressions one may get from their recordings. They are one of the bands who has impressed me most live and they did so it again tonight. The band played 8 songs over a 2+ hours set with no intermission or encore. They played the very early song Coward in the set, to my absolute delight. Once again, the show was extremely loud (therefore the sound was not always the best, but whatever), brutal and beautiful. A really great performance and one of the very best shows I have seen this year (or maybe since I last saw them?).

No comments: