Monday, 28 January 2013

Marilyn Manson - Metropolis - January 28th 2013












Band : Marilyn Manson
Venue : Metropolis
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : January 28th 2013
Grade : 3/5

Setlist :

Hey, Cruel World…
Disposable Teens
The Love Song
No Reflection
mOBSCENE
The Dope Show
Slo-Mo-Tion
Rock Is Dead
Personal Jesus
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
Coma White
King Kill 33°
Antichrist Superstar
The Beautiful People

Comments : I avoid arena shows as much as I can, so the prospect of seeing Marilyn Manson in a more human-sized venue looked promising. I have seen him perform several times over the past 20 years and I feel like I witnessed the rise and fall of the controversial artist. The show ran slightly over one hour and the set featured mostly older material (of this I will not complain). Marilyn tried to give his best tonight, changing costumes at every song, but sadly he looked to me to be way out of shape and his vocals were definitely not at top form. The audience which was on the younger side, did not seem to mind or care much about the shape he was in, but it left me with a sad impression.

No comments: