Saturday, 16 March 2013

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Ryman Auditorium - March 16th 2013












Band : Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Venue : Ryman Auditorium
Town (country) : Nashville, TN (USA)
Date : March 16th 2013
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :

We No Who U R
Jubilee Street
Wide Lovely Eyes
Higgs Boson Blues
From Her To Eternity
Red Right Hand
Stranger Than Kindness
Jack The Ripper
Deanna
Your Funeral My Trial
God Is In The House
The Weeping Song
The Mercy Seat
Stagger Lee
Tupelo
Push The Sky Away

Comments : Let's face it, the new Bad Seeds album "Push The Sky Away" did not really impress me. However, I know that their songs sound great live and I could not pass up the opportunity to see one of my favourite bands playing at the legendary Ryman Auditorium. Sadly, I did not find the new songs really improved live. The setlist was average, no surprises here, and I am a bit fed up of hearing the same songs over and over for 20 years or so now (Nick, please stop playing Deanna!). I wasn't really impressed by the versions of most of the old songs either (Warren playing a flute solo on Red Right Hand... WTF?), except for Stranger Than Kindness which was really amazing! The absence of Mick Harvey was deeply felt both for his presence on stage and for his technical skills. I also missed Thomas Wydler on drums but I was really, really happy to see Barry Adamson as part of the band again. Overall, the show was just OK, my rating is boosted by the experience of seeing a show at the Ryman.

No comments: