Thursday, 6 June 2013

Lee Ranaldo & Steve Shelley - Sala Rossa - June 6th 2013












Band : Lee Ranaldo & Steve Shelley
Venue : Sala Rossa (Suoni Per Il Popolo)
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : June 6th 2013
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
n/a

Comments : Lee Ranaldo has always been my favourite Sonic Youth member. He is also the one I have seen most often outside of Sonic Youth. Although his latest release "Between the Times and the Tides" is not my favourite, I was really looking forward to see him again and I really enjoyed tonight's performance a lot. The somewhat poppy songs from the new album sounded great acoustic and Lee Ranaldo even managed to make some feedback noise with an acoustic guitar. The atmosphere was very relaxed for this seated show with Lee sharing anecdotes about each song. A great evening !

No comments: