Friday, 2 August 2013

The Cure - Osheaga - August 2nd 2013












Band : The Cure
Venue : Parc Jean Drapeau (Osheaga)
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : August 2nd 2013
Grade : 3/5

Setlist :
Plainsong
Pictures Of You
Lullaby
High
The End Of The World
Lovesong
In Between Days
Just Like Heaven
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
A Forest
Bananafishbones
The Walk
Mint Car
Friday I'm In Love
Doing The Unstuck
Trust
Want
Fascination Street
The Hungry Ghost
Wrong Number
One Hundred Years
Disintegration
The Lovecats
The Caterpillar
Close To Me
Hot Hot Hot !!!
Let's Go To Bed
Why Can't I Be You?
Boys Don't Cry


Comments : Tonight's concert sounded exactly like the last time I saw them at the Paleo Festival. That could have been a good thing if it wasn't 11 years ago. It was pop song after pop song and after a while, I started to get a bit bored (example: Mint Car, Friday I'm In Love and Doing The Unstuck played one after another). It seems to me that The Cure play more or less the same setlists over and over again. As for the new songs (i.e. everything after Bloodflowers), I hope I never have to hear them again. The band played 20 minutes over their allotted time and the sound was cut by the stage manager during Boys Don't Cry. Not a bad performance per se, but tonight's show left me quite uninspired and at this point, I am not sure I will go see them again.

No comments: