Saturday, 18 January 2014

Godspeed You ! Black Emperor - Metropolis - January 18th 2014












Band : Godspeed You ! Black Emperor
Venue : Metropolis
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : January 18th 2014
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
Albanian (Mladic)
Gathering Storm
Behemoth
The Sad Mafioso (East Hastings)


Comments : Definitely the most exciting double bill we had in a while. Tonight, GYBE performed first. I hadn't seen them in 3 years and I was really looking forward to their set. Sadly, I did not really get into Behemoth as much as I wanted to. Don't get me wrong, it was amazing to see one of my favourite bands again and The Sad Mafioso is the best song I have heard live these past 3 years. Yet, it was not the best GYBE concert I have seen and also the shortest (topping 1 hour and 40 minutes).

No comments: