Saturday, 18 January 2014

Neurosis - Metropolis - January 18th 2013












Band : Neurosis
Venue : Metropolis
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : January 18th 2014
Grade : 3/5

Setlist :
A Sun That Never Sets
Locust Star
At The Well
We All Rage In Gold
The Tide
From The Hill Water Is Not Enough
My Heart For Deliverance
Bleeding The Pigs
The Doorway
Stones From The Sky

Comments : I would have definitely gone to see Neurosis on their own, so it was the cherry on the cake to see them after GYBE, despite the late hour. I hadn't seen them in 15 years and I have very fond memories of my previous experiences, although I hadn't listened to any of their recent material. Tonight's show seriously lacked the amazing visuals they had back then, and the tribal elements are long gone too. The band did not perform any of the tracks I was looking forward to hear and I was not really impressed by the new tracks. Not a bad show at all, but not really what I had in mind.

No comments: