Sunday, 11 May 2014

Mogwai - Metropolis - May 11th 2014












Band : Mogwai
Venue : Metropolis
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : May 11th 2014
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
Heard About You Last Night
Friend Of The Night
Take Me Somewhere Nice
Christmas Steps
Master Card
Rano Pano
The Lord Is Out Of Control
Auto Rock
Deesh
I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead
Mexican Grand Prix
We're No Here
New Paths To Helicon, Pt. 1
Remurdered
Batcat


Comments : Once again, the new Mogwai album has not really impressed me. Martin Bulloch is not playing on this North-American tour, so I was a bit less excited about going to this show. Gladly, it turned out to be a nice one overall. The show sounded a lot like those from the 2012 tour with a really great light show. Luke Sutherland was an interesting addition to the line-up, but no surprises in the setlist. It was really nice to hear Helicon yet I definitely missed Mogwai Fear Satan tonight. I think I should accept that I will never hear My Father My King live... The version of my favourite track of the new album "Remurdered" was disappointing and they played one of their worst songs ever (IMO) again Mexican Grand Prix.

No comments: