Friday, 1 August 2014

Nick Cave - Centre PHI - August 1st 2014












Band : Nick Cave
Venue : Centre PHI
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : August 2nd 2014
Grade : 5/5

Setlist :
Love Letter
The Mercy Seat
God Is in the House
People Ain't No Good
Into My Arms
Sad Waters


I was one of the 89 lucky people who managed to get a ticket for tonight's special event. Sadly, Nick did not attend the cocktail himself and we had to drink our Nina Simones (absinthe & champagne cocktails named as a reference to the movie) by ourselves, so we had plenty. After the drinks came the Canadian premiere of the faux documentary 20,000 Days On Earth. I actually enjoyed it more than what I had thought. Last but not least, the Nick Cave solo performance came along with a Q&A. The songs on the piano were played between the questions and I was surprised and extremey happy to hear Sad Waters. A very special evening.

No comments: