Friday, 1 May 2015

The Waterboys - Théâtre Corona - May 1st 2015












Band : The Waterboys
Venue : Théâtre Corona
Town (country) : Montreal, QC (Canada)
Date : May 1st 2015
Grade : 4/5

Setlist :
Destinies Entwined
Still A Freak
A Girl Called Johnny
November Tale
We Will Not Be Lovers
Nearest Thing to Hip
Rosalind (You Married The Wrong Guy)
Girl From The North Country
Glastonbury Song
The Girl Who Slept For Scotland
I Can See Elvis
Song Of Wandering Aengus
The Whole Of The Moon
Don't Bang The Drum
Long Strange Golden Road
Purple Rain
Fisherman's Blues


Comments : It was at least 20 years I hadn't listened to The Waterboys, but I thought it would be nice to see them live once. Well, I am really glad I went. It was great to hear The Whole Of The Moon, Don't Bang The Drum and Fisherman's Blues live after all these years and I really enjoyed their cover of Purple Rain as well. The band played for over 2 hours and I did not see the time go by. I will probably not listen to the new album after tonight but I had a great time.

No comments: